Computers and free Wi-Fi are available for public use at all locations.
All users must comply with the Library’s
Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
- Use your library card number and password to log onto a computer. If all computers are in use, you may reserve the next available PC from a self-service station (where available) or at the nearest service desk.
- Only one computer can be assigned per library card.
- A child may sign up using his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s card.
- At the Comotara Branch and in the Children's Center at the Central Library, sessions are limited to 30 minutes. At all other locations, sessions are 60 minutes.
- There is no daily limit on computer time; however, if someone reserves your computer, you will not be allowed to extend your time and must reserve the next available PC upon the end of your session.
- Files stored on public computers are automatically deleted at the end of each session. Library staff can recommend options for saving files created or modified on Library workstations.
- The Alford, Angelou Northeast, Evergreen, Rockwell, and Westlink branches each have one ADA workstation.
The following software is available on public computers at every Library location:
- Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Reader XI
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Flash Player
- Accessibility software
Need help using the Library’s computers or online resources? Consider a
Book a Librarian session.
Internet & Wi-Fi
Internet use is filtered. Customers age 18 and older may ask staff at the nearest service desk for an unfiltered session. If you are blocked from using a website that you believe should not be blocked, submit a request for a site review through the filter notice page.
Free wireless Internet access is available at all locations to customers with a Wichita Public Library card in good standing.
- Log in to the wireless with your library card number and password.
- There is no time limit for Wi-Fi users.
- The filter on wireless Internet access cannot be disabled by staff.