Job Purpose: This adult volunteer position assists library staff in keeping the branch's collections in good condition by helping check the condition of materials, using lists to pull materials from the shelves, and the shifting of library collections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check condition of material
- Unload library material from Automatic Material Handler (AMH) bins
- Unpack delivery boxes
- Find and pull materials from shelves (maintenance list, customer requests)
- Work efficiently, making good use of time
- Abide by all volunteer, library, and city policy and procedures
- Age 16 or older
- Ability to find materials on shelf with a list
- Ability to work a regular schedule
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn new tasks
- Professional demeanor
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. or 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work in a busy, active environment without distractions.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand, sit, bend, and kneel for long periods of time with reasonable accommodation. Must be able to push a cart weighing up to 250 pounds. Must be able to lift and move boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.