Work for the Library
The Wichita Public Library is a department of the City of Wichita. All position openings can be found on the City of Wichita's jobs portal.
Check for job openings
Many of our employees are former library volunteers. Volunteering can be a great way to get experience and learn about library services.
Check for volunteer opportunities
Employee Compensation at the City of Wichita
Total compensation is all of the salary and benefits you receive as an employee. It can be viewed as the total value of your employment.
What else is there besides how much I make an hour?
A lot! The City of Wichita provides the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Health Insurance
- Virtual Care Visits
- Prescription Drug Insurance
- Maternity Program through the Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Term Life Insurance
- Dependent Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation 457 Investment Plans
- Wichita Employees' Association
- Employee Emergency Assistance
So what does that mean?
For instance, a full-time employee who starts out at $15/hr has a total compensation of $56,247! Click or tap on the different areas of the dollar bill to learn about City of Wichita employee compensation.
Total Compensation: $56,247
But wait, there's more!
The City of Wichita matches your pension contribution 100%!
This graph illustrates the possible projected investment growth for an employee earning $25,000 per year. By year 40, the investment could account for more than $900,000.
* Assumes $25,000 per year, making a pre-tax contribution of 4.7% plus 100% match from the City. Assumes annual salary increases of 4% and investment growth of 7.75%.